At Drain Help we like to take care of you, and we want to give you some simple advices in order to avoid calling a plumber when you are on a budget.
Today´s advice is going to be the creation of a natural “drano”. On numerous occasions and with the objective of saving a few dollars, we buy cheap and low quality cleaning products. This greatly damages our pipes:
In the picture above, you can see what causes the wrong use of some cleaning products.
Today in Drain Help’s blog, we are going to prepare a natural recipe that will help you to unclog your pipe. You won’t need any special tools, and you can find easily the ingredients needed:
- Sodium Bicarbonate (2 cups)
- Boiling water (4 cups)
- Vinegar (1 cup)
How to use our homemade solution?
- The first thing that you have to do is remove all the water from the sink.
- After that, we will put the first cup of baking soda into the drain.
- Add two cups of boiling water. That is going to create a reaction with the baking soda and will dissolve the crusts fat and other impurities from the pipe.
- Wait a few minutes and pour down the drain the second cup of baking soda.
- A vinegar cup follows the last cup of baking soda. Cover the drain and wait a few minutes more. You might listen noises, like bubbling or effervescence: Don’t worry! It´s the chemical reaction.
- Add the last boiling water cup, and see the results.
You can repeat the process as many times as you need it. If the experiment doesn´t work, you might be dealing with something worse than a regular clogged pipe. At that point, feel free to call us: 844-372-4643
We work 24 hours a day and seven days a week!
Written by: Andrea Brezmes