San Diego and Los Angeles Garbage Disposal Repair and Installation Services
In need of expert garbage disposal repairs and installation services in the San Diego or Los Angeles community? Contact the specialists at DrainHelp.com at (844) 372-4643. Click here for discounts and savings.
A garbage disposal is a great addition to your residence. This convenient system allows for easy food waste removal and ensures a cleanlier kitchen. Dumping uneaten food into a wastebasket is not only untidy, but it can create terrible odors in your home and may even lead to health related issues if let to sit for an extended period of time. Although these units are designed to grind up discarded food, there are still many items that cannot be placed down into them, while some are relatively obvious there are others that homeowners may still be unaware of.
At DrainHelp.com we have been providing customers in the Greater San Diego area with expert garbage disposal services for over ten years, and now we will be servicing the Greater Los Angeles area. We make sure that your system receives the care it needs and that if any issues arise, they are promptly taken care of. We also take the time to educate our customers on the correct ways to operate your disposal and simple things you can do at home to ensure its continued efficiency. Whether you are looking to install a brand-new unit in your home or need to have a problem inspected to determine the most effective solution, our licensed plumbers are waiting for your call. To see what other customers in your area are saying about our outstanding services, click here.
What are some common garbage disposal problems?
There are common problems that you may come across in regards to your garbage disposal, but they should always be handled by a professional to ensure your complete safety. Some typical issues include:
- Unit fails to turn on: If your garbage disposal does not begin operating after the switch has been flipped, it is likely an electrical problem. If you have already tried the reset button (normally located under the sink) and additionally inspected your circuit breaker without any results, our services will be needed to locate the issue and see that is properly attended to.
- Humming sound: If you turn on your garbage disposal only to hear a humming sound, turn it off immediately. This likely indicates that the flywheel is jammed and will require professional assistance.
- Leaks: If your notice a leak around your garbage disposal this will need to be taken care of right away to avoid more serious problems. Our plumbing specialists can diagnose the issue and determine the most effective method of repair.
- Loud noises: If your disposal is making loud noises, this can point to a number of different issues. A professional inspection would be in order to determine what is causing the noise, allowing us to then decide whether it would be more beneficial to repair the system or replace the garbage disposal altogether.
- Water won’t drain: If your sink is backed up with water, or if the disposal drains slowly, you probably have a clog. Our specialized cleaning services are here to ensure that the drain is cleared.
When is it time to replace your unit?
Garbage disposals usually last anywhere between 10 and 20 years. However, the lifespan of your unit could be extended by ensuring that it receives proper care, routine maintenance, and timely repairs. If an aging unit starts to develop a number of problems and needs to be repaired frequently it may be more cost-effective to replace the entire garbage disposal.
On the other hand, if this is one of the first times you have experienced an issue with your disposal, and it has not yet past the point of its estimated decline, you may still be able to get several more years out of it with a simple service visit from our skilled plumbing technicians. However, if the blades are dull, damaged, or broken, as a result of misuse or harmful objects that accidentally fell into the system, a new garbage disposal will likely need to be installed. Additionally, if there is water leaking from the bottom of the motor, you will usually need to have it replaced.
What are some simple preventative maintenance tips?
- Avoid hard items: Do not put chicken bones, eggshells, or popcorn kernels down your garbage disposal. It will dull the blades and possibly jam the unit.
- Avoid stringy items: Banana peels, corn husks, and potato peels are all items that should never be put down your garbage disposal, as they can get tangled in the unit and damage parts.
- Run regularly: Don’t let food sit in your garbage disposal for too long. Run it regularly to get everything through.
- Run water: Before, during, and after you use your garbage disposal, run water down the drain. This will ensure that all waste passes through properly.
- Clean with lemons: If your notice an unpleasant odor coming from your garbage, grind a lemon wedge while running warm water. This will keep it clean and smelling fresh.
For the ultimate in garbage disposal installation and repairs, call DrainHelp.com at (844) 372-4643.